yes, Georgi and I went for the 1st time ice skating and it was a blast!
This was a reward for Georgi since she brought home a wonderful report card. She is well above her level in kindergarten and she thrives to do better and better every day. She get's up in the morning with an alarm clock set in her room, she get's dressed by her self and comes down for breakfast. Her one week worth of homework it's done in one evening. I am so proud of her!
Now let me tell you that Georgi's reward was a disaster set for me. Soon after we stepped on the ice we took a great fall and I pulled a ligament on the back of my right knee. This is the same knee I had issues with on the plane to CA last summer. But that’s not it! Right before the session expired someone bumped into us from the back and ... down we went. I landed on the other knee and could not get up except holding onto the walls. I am in pain and I limp my way around the house, but it’s all worth it!
We went along with Georgi’s friend Alexia and her daddy. Both girls were on the ice for the first time and were not able to move except holding tight to us or the walls. At times we were ice skating holding hands all four of us! I could rollerblade well and so did Alexia's daddy, but this was different since I had Georgi holding on me and we were on the slippery ice. Once I captured Georgi's trust and told her to relax we covered the ice and were able to enjoy.
Georgi and Alexia smiling for the camera and
holding tight to the walls
Georgi's attempt to stand on her own for the picture ...
Over all we had a great time!
Guess who wants to go ice skating again soon?




No comments:
Post a Comment